My first try at embroidering knit! I used the same stencil I used for the orange shirt (see post below) and used duplicate stitch over the knitting to make the dino. I think the dino is slightly off center, but I don't think it's terribly noticable, so I'm not worrying about it. My DS will love it! This is on the seat of the pants, by the way. I threw around the idea of also doing dino tracks around the legs so there's a pattern on the front as well, but I think I'll leave them be. I can always add them later if I want.
Off to knit an i-cord so I can be done with these pants!
(And PS, did a load of purple this weekend. I am very good at dyeing DARK, not so good at light - meaning, I wanted lavender, ended up with regular purple. It looks nice, just not how I was going. So more experimentation needed there)