Monday, October 8, 2007

Little Pink Bonnet


I finished this up last weekend, it just took me a few days to get a pic taken. I had two small balls of sock yarn left, not enough for another pair of socks, so I thought I'd see if I could get a bonnet and booties out of them. The bonnet took one ball, so I'm now debating whether I want to knit another bonnet as a gift, or make booties...decisions, decisions. For now I have some other things I'm working on so those will wait a bit. I was very pleased with this bonnet though - I had used this pattern in a sport weight yarn and it came out large, so I think the sock yarn is the perfect way to make it tiny. I used size 2 needles; I love using the little needles! They just fit better in my hand - right now I'm using size 9's and they are just not as slick to knit with.
I made a trip to JoAnn's today - had a 50% off coupon and knew just what I wanted...except, what I wanted was already on sale, so I couldn't use the coupon on it...so I did a little shopping :) Like I needed more projects in the queue! LOL! I'm set for a while now...until I see another sale anyway...

1 comment:

hook and needle said...

LOL! I had the 50% coupon too! And now I have a giant one pound skein of white yarn (I was running out on October). In the meantime, I took a break and started up on that orange and white blanket I'd been planning. I was nervous that it'd be on sale and I'd have to decide what else to get for 50% off. So many choices!