Sunday, October 28, 2007

Old Man Winter, Bring it On!

Ok, I probably shouldn't be outright daring the old man, but now we are prepared!

This set whipped up in no time this weekend. It's nice to do a super quick project! The hat and mitts are for my DS, age 19 months. They are knit from Lion's Pride Wool-Ease...it was really nice to work with, and not scratchy at all. I hope the wool provides a little extra warmth for him. I will probably have to crochet a cord for the mitts, but for now DS is enjoying playing with them so I'll leave the cord for closer to a time we might use them. For now, it's still in the 70's each day, but you just never know when winter will decide to blow in.

The mitts are a tad but long, but that gives him a little room to grow this winter :) Here is the link for the hat...I've already forgotten where I found the pattern for the mitts!

1 comment:

hook and needle said...

I love the hat! I need to find a good pattern for a hat for DH. He lost his black knit cap and I'd like to make him a new one...
Ugh, I am so far behind on this stuff. Winter is here (it was 34 degrees on my drive in this morning) and no handmade mittens or hats yet.