Sunday, September 16, 2007

Baby Blues and BabyLegs Too

Ok, not really BabyLegs, the homemade knockoff variety.





First up are the blue longies I knitted for my DS last week. These have short rows in the tush and a gusset in the crotch. I haven't woven in the ends yet because I think I'm going to try my hand at embellishing them and I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I figure I'll wait and finish them up then. I also need to add an I-cord but I'm going to wait on that too. I'm still thinking...

And here are my homemade baby leggings. I picked the knee-socks up at WalMart this week, but I wasn't sure how the sizing would run. The smaller 2 pair are from girls Small knee highs and the larger ones are girls Large. I think the small ones might be great for a newborn, but I think the larger ones would probably do just as well, so I'll wait and see before I buy any more. These don't take long at all to whip up - maybe 20 minutes each?

On the needles now: A pair of purple longies made of acrylic for a friend who does not cloth diaper but thinks they're cute :) It's fun designing something for someone else! And after that I plan to embellish the blue longies.

TTFN

1 comment:

hook and needle said...

Good luck and God Bless today!