Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pretty Pretty Tutu

I remember when Toby was just a wee little thing (ok he was never that wee, but smaller than he is now anyway), and the moms of girls were making little tutus for their girls. I thought they were just darling and decided if I ever had a girl I would most definitely make her one when she could sit up! Well since she started sitting up a week or so ago, I got started :)

It was so easy to make. 4 yards of tulle...2 yards light pink and 2 yards white, and a piece of elastic cut to fit her, sewn to make a circle. Cut the tulle in 2 inch strips, hold 3 pieces together and tie around the elastic. Viola! Super cute! I'm going to use it when I take her 6 months pics (it will be another month so I'm putting it up until then - she was already chewing on it this morning, lol).

I also cut out fabric to make her a hot chili pepper dress! Can't wait to get it sewn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, so cute! It's hard to top a baby in a tutu. I got one for Mads when she was about Lucy's age (I didn't make it, you are leaps and bounds craftier than I!). It was very cute, but she couldn't stand it. It's still in the closet, though, in case she has a change of heart! :)

She is SO cute! I don't know where you find the time for all of these projects!