Friday, February 26, 2010

Ravelympics socks!

I will have to add photos after I get my own computer and get internet back, but I have finished my new socks! I am thrilled with them, and my foray into lace socks. They are beautiful, and my favorite pair of socks to date. I used Dream in Color smooshy on them and the yarn is fabulous. I have learned that the base yarn is available for sale, so I'm thinking I may have to look it up to self - dye some!

I have cast on sock 2 of my malabrigo socks - the pattern for these is Easy Going, on size 1 needles. I broke one of my size 0's on the Ravelympics socks, so I will have to find another alternative - long bamboo 0's are not for me!

My mom fell in love with my Moebius Cowl (knit from my handspun alpaca), and I happened to have more of the yarn with me, so I knitted that up for her in the last 2 days - super quick knit, and having done the Moebius cast on once, this time went much easier. The cowl came out gorgeous; I am very proud of it. Mom loves it - it helps keep her warm at work! And there's nothing I love more than knowing my knitting is appreciated!

I bought some Mini Mochi at a Richmond LYS last month (my first purchase moving back to OH), and today started looking at some patterns for it. I'm thinking a Fair Isle hat should be appropriate, given the weather up here! I need a new winter hat anyway, and I found some gorgeous uses of the Mini Mochi colorwork on Ravelry. I think that will be my next project after the Malabrigo socks. While I still need a few more pair of socks to make a full stash (and I have all the yarn here ready to go), I am thinking I need a bit of a break from socks!

No comments: