Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More pics of the sling



I wanted to add a few pics of the sling not being worn. This was the first time I've tried the French Seam and not only was it easy, but the result was really beautiful. I honestly still can't believe how easy this sling was to make. Had I realized this before I'd have been making slings a long time ago!


About the fabric - the pink is a cotton/poly interlock, very lightweight. I wouldn't have minded it being a little heavier, but the minky has some weight to it so it's probably for the best. I don't think I'd want a sling with 2 layers of the interlock because I think it would be too light.
You can see my DS "petting" the minky in the lower picture - it is so soft. I can't get over how soft it really is. I know now why so many people rave about minky and how touchable it is. Unfortunately it is uber-expensive, so it's not something you want to buy unless you have a project in mind - unless you find a super deal! I will be keeping my eyes peeled now.
The bets part is I had enough fabric to make 2 slings - one I will be putting up on Ebay. But the minky is 60" wide so there is still some left over. Not much, but I am thinking of a way to use it, maybe on something for Lucy? I can't throw it away, even scraps. Now THAT would be a crime!

No comments: