Monday, January 21, 2008

Baby things

I haven't had a lot of time for knitting lately (the baby's witching hours tend to be during my normal knitting time!) but here are a few things I've managed to eke out.



This light blue set is for a friend having a baby boy. I love love love this yarn - Plymouth Yarns Oh My! It is seriously one of the softest yarns I've ever touched. It's 100% nylon, but just silky to touch - perfect for a baby. There's not much on a skein though so be forewarned!

The patterns are from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies. I am guessing size wise they're suitable for about 9 months.
This hat is for a friend having a baby girl. I will make something else to go with it, but I'm not sure what yet. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft Brites - love this yarn for a variety of projects. The hat is small - I would guess 0-3 months. It definitely would fit my 1 month old. I forget where I found this pattern - I guess I need to keep better tabs on them!
Up next: something to match the green hat - I'm thinking booties, but not sure whether I should do mc green and cc purple, or the other way around.

Also, friend having a boy in April. I have 2 skeins of Patons Soy Wool Stripes in blue/ brown that I love. Maybe felted mocs? I have also been considering a baby blanket using the green Caron Simply Soft above and a bright orange, but I know I don't have enough, and I think the blanket would look better in a solid color.

3rd project in queue is a pair of socks for a friend's dh. I have the yarn already so I'm ready for these anytime.

Also coming - my new baby! For Christmas I received a swift and yarn winder. Beautiful! I haven't had them set up together yet, but the swift works like magic. I have a couple skeins here ready to be balled so I can't wait to get it all out and working - and believe me, there will be pictures! I was supposed to do that this weekend, but alas, a reflux baby leaves little time for play. Hopefully we will have her meds worked out soon so she is feeling better, and maybe soon after she will be on a schedule!

3 comments:

hook and needle said...

Sorry Lucia's not feeling great. I hope the meds get worked out soon!

I love Caron's Brites, I am using it for a baby blanket myself (the bright orange with a buttery yellow, so sweet!). I love the blue set, too. I have a bias towards boy gear, what can I say? :)

Michelle said...

That Caron yarn is wonderful, isn't it? The orange and yellow sounds yummy! Can't wait to see it! You make more baby blankets than anyone I know :)

hook and needle said...

Just checked out the screen name thing. Huh. Weird.

Well, I DO love my MYOT name, so I'll be okay with that for now. And I have so many email addresses to choose from if I want to change it up. That's strange though. Hmmmm...

Are you going to stick with yours?