Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Embroidery

I posted this cris cross dress earlier but had been thinking it needed a little something to spruce it up. I know several people with embroidery machines so I was thinking of asking someone to do a little something on this for me, but...I am impatient. (blush) So I decided to do it by hand and I'm thrilled with the outcome!

It took 2 days, and I didn't work on it at all in the evening - just nap times, so I think that was pretty good timing on my part. And it was super easy! Lucy loves it - she's wearing it now.

In the evenings I'm still working on my first stash eating baby blanket, which I might give to Toby. The colors just aren't...babyish and I'm not sure I know anyone who would love it. But Toby loves anything I make and I know he would have a blast with it. I just have 1 more square to put on, weave in the ends, and maybe crochet a border. So it is coming along. I've found a couple other blanket patterns I'd like to try for my scrap blankets too.

No comments: