“Baby It’s Cold!” Sweaterdress
Yarn: Any fingering weight or sock yarn, about 175 grams.
Gauge: 32 sts and 36 rows to 4” in stockingette stitch
Needles: Size 4 circulars and Size 4 double pointed needles
Cast on 70 sts on size 4 circular needle loosely. Join the circle, being careful not to twist the sts. Mark the beginning of the round. Work even in stockinette stitch for 8 rows.
Round 1-5: Work even on 70 sts
Round 6: K3, M1, *K2 M1, repeat from *15 times (104)
Round 7-12: Work even on 104 sts
Round 13: K4, M1, *K3 M1, repeat from * 15 times (138)
Round 14-18: Work even on 138 sts
Round 19: K5, M1, *K4, M1, repeat from * 15 times (172)
Round 20-25: Work even on 172 sts
Round 26: K6, M1, *K5, M1, repeat from * 15 times (206 sts)
Round 27-33 Work even on 206 sts
Split the yoke into front, back, and sleeve sections: Starting at the beginning of round, slip sts for each section onto separate holders: 38 sts for right sleeve, 65 sts for front, 38 sts for left sleeve, and keep the remaining 65 sts on needle to work the back.
Body (Armhole to hem):
1. With right side of back facing and st st, start where back joins left sleeve. Cast on 6 sts for underarm, work sts frolm front holder, cast on 6 sts for second underarm, and work across back section. Total 142 for body. Mark the side seams at the underarm midpoints (after sts 3 and 74)
2. Shaping: Work even for 12 rounds. Inc 1 st at both sides of both seam markers on next round (increasing 4 sts per round), and then every following 21st round twice to 154 sts.
3. Hips to Hem. Inc 1 st at both sides of seam markers on every 10th row 4 times. Total 170 sts. Work even to 15 inches from underarms.
4. Hem: Work 8 rounds in garter stitch. Cast off remaining sts loosely.
1. With right side facing and double pointed needles, rejoin yarn and work sts from right sleeve holder. Cast on 6 sts for underarm. Total 44 sts for sleeve. Join the circle, taking care not to twist sts. Mark the sleeve midway on the underarm.
2. Dec 1 st at both sides of the marker on every 10th round once, then every 11th round twice to 38 sts.
3. Work even until sleeve measures 6 ins. Dec 4 sts evenly across last row (34 sts remaining)
4. Hem: Work 8 rows in k1p1 ribbing. Cast off remaining sts loosely.
1. Graft or sew the sleeve and body sts together at the underarm.
2. Weave in loose ends.