Friday, September 12, 2008

Vine Lace Scarf

My finished lace scarf! This is my first attempt at knitted lace and I found to be thoroughly enjoyable. Knitting the lace was soothing, and this pattern was super easy and really repeated the same each row so once I had the pattern down, it was nice and repetitive.

This is a ME project (yay!) and while I don't see it being super warm, we don't get super cold so I think it will even out.

Last night I blocked and thought I'd share the process...

First a soak with a drop of baby shampoo to wash the wool. This is NOT superwash wool, so it must be gently handwashed. After the initial soak I rinsed two times, then squeezed out the water with a towel.

Luckily this fit on my ironing board, so I pinned and pinned and pinned and finally had it all stretched out on the ironing board- it just barely fit!


And here is the finished product! I love it :) The color is a little different, but I like it.


I have tons of this yarn so I think I will make at least another scarf, maybe a tiny one for my DD too. Although I'm not sure I want to dress a one year old up in a handwash-only scarf. We'll see.

On the needles now....socks! I have some sock yarn and am working on a pair for DD now, have skeins marked for myself, and this weekend I hope to try my hand at dyeing yarn in manly colors for my husband.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh it's beautiful Michelle! But everything you make always looks so pretty/... :O)