Friday, June 13, 2008

Mama Made

I have been sewing lately! I have been perfecting the boppy cover and am happy with what I have so far - havent' taken pics yet though.





THIS is what I've been hard at work on lately though


This was by far the most complicated dress I've sewn. It is taffeta, and fully lined (bodice and skirt) with a petticoat of tulle to give the skirt some lift. ADORABLE but a real PITA, especially when it came to the zipper, which is still not the way I really want it but it is at least functional now. I love the trim around the front (it's tiny but if you click on the pic to view larger you will see it) and the giant bow...love it! This one is for Luci to wear to a wedding we have coming up in a week.

The real fun comes in that I'm making another for our Chicago trip this summer....except that one will be white with red accents.

I also need to hem Toby's dress pants as they fit in the waist but hang three inches too long...I hate how companies have such different sizing!

I am knitting a beanie hat right now...cute! The a/c has been out of whack the last few days so it's been too hot to do any knitting or sewing but now that it's cooled off in here I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things!

TTFN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dress is adorable, Michelle! My mother thinks so too. You're so talented! And your family is is going to look adorable with everyone dressed up! Can't wait to see you all in a few days...safe travels!